Gulf Harbors Hall is a Beautiful, Spacious Facility Located in New Port Richey, Florida
- Use of Hall for up to 4 hours
- Seats up to 50 guest
- Large, Flat-Panel Display for Slideshows and Videos
- Kitchenette For Refreshments
- Ample Parking Space
Planning for a memorial service can be extremely difficult, especially while you are in mourning. We’d like to alleviate some of that stress by providing you with a check list of things you need to take care of during the time you are waiting to receive your loved ones cremated remains. Please feel free to print this list out and use it as a guide for planing a well organized and successful memorial service.
Things You Should do to Prepare for a Memorial Service:
- 1. Decide whether to hold a funeral or a less formal memorial service such as a “life celebration service”.
- 2. Set a date and time for the gathering, usually a weekend or weekday evening when people are less likely to be working.
- 3. Arrange for a place to hold the event — a church or anywhere that feels right.
- 4. Contact a pastor, priest, minister, rabbi, or other religious official to officiate, or friend or family member if desired.
- 5. Appoint someone to officiate at the service, to welcome those who attend, introduce speakers, indicate prayers and songs, and direct periods of silence. This can also be a family member or friend.
- 6. Designate speakers, including those who will deliver the eulogies.
- 7. Choose music and songs.
- 8. Decide who should be invited to attend and make a list, that way you have a list to send Thank You cards to after the services.
- 9. Write and print programs or memorial notices. We can do this for you.
- 10. Arrange for flowers. We can do this for you. We have many beautiful arrangements to choose from.
- 11. Order or arrange for food and beverages. We have a small kitchenette for your use.
- 12. Arrange photographs or other memorabilia for display or visit a local photo store or CVS pharmacy and they will put a Video DVD together for you if you bring them a group of photos that they can turn into a video. We have music (or you can provide your own) that can be played while the photos are playing. We provide a Large Screen TV for your use.
- 13. Get a guestbook for signatures and comments. We can provide these.
- 14. Arrange to have the service photographed, recorded, or videotaped.
A memorial service is usually less rigid than the traditional funeral service but is still very meaningful to family and friends. We offer our memorial hall for memorial services; however, they can also be performed just about anywhere such at a lake, on a boat while scattering the ashes, in a community center, or in the traditional church setting. We have a list of churches that allow this.
Because the body is not present for the memorial, you have more flexibility in scheduling the date and time of the service. You can have it weeks or even months after the death. Memorials can also be held in another state of where the deceased was actually buried. Family and friends can gather together and have a memorial service for the deceased. Sometimes the surviving family members may request a funeral service just for the immediate family and also have a large, public memorial service. The service is simpler than a funeral service and can be less expensive. We have buildings available for memorial services in New Port Richey, Spring Hill, Port Richey, Hudson, Palm Harbor, Clearwater, Pasco County, Pinellas County, Citrus County, and most other areas in Central Florida.